[Aibec-l] FW: Presidential Program - Summer 2005

Nadya Nesterova (Int) Nadya at wermutham.com
Thu Sep 15 21:53:43 MSD 2005

Presidential Program
Summer 2005
Introductory Message
Our Presidential Team believes that AIBEc is a strong community with high potential. This community is enriched by the promising driving force - professionalism, growth and development oriented people. That is a human capital to invest in and play the decisive role. Adding leadership gains that is to pay back in the full scale from each student's personal career development to the positive public image-making, AIBEc Business School branding and promotion.

AIBEc is one of the most democratic educational institutions in Russia and thus opens a variety of opportunities for students to get realized in the internal Business School Development projects, Case Studies and Competitions, AIBEc unique business Community Building, Networking and Socializing.

We understand the range of problems needed to be solved, procedures to be changed or improved in order to secure prosperity and success of AIBEc. By doing so, we will have a great opportunity to enhance AIBEc's Brand name as well as the value and competitiveness of the knowledge and professional skills provided there.

One year is too short a period of time in order to make any significant change or a considerable advancement for any presidential team. Nevertheless, we are going to work hard to establish a good tradition of the students` active interaction and personal involvement into AIBEc Social Life with a kind support of our predecessors and an active feedback of our successors.

Encouraging Communications: AIBECers` Activism & Social Life Involvement...

All starts with Communication and active feedback from the AIBEc Community for the outside world as well as internally what makes it all effective.

AIBEc represents a strong business community of young professionals aiming to advance their career, start-up their own business, incorporate smoothly into the realities of international business environment and gain a new gear for growth. Thus, it's necessary to make changes that you feel are important while you are still enjoying this chance to realize the utmost of your potential in the business school.

Reinforcement of Internal Communications:

*	Badges and Open Students Database
*	Cooperation Encouragement
*	Regular Feedback Tradition start-up
*	Web-site Maintenance and Update
*	Alumni Association Foundation
*	Students Involvement into AIBEc Social Life

1. No longer stay anonymous...
First of all, it is well-known that any business school should enrich students with a wide network of contacts to rely on and work with. Therefore, we can no longer stay anonymous for each other and thus we aim to introduce a rule as simple and effective as that of wearing badges and exchanging business cards, this tradition to be encouraged by all the professors from the very first lecture, with open databases in digital and print-out format available for all AIBECers to boost a more intensive interaction and networking.

2. Encouraging Students Cooperation...
AIBEC is a Business society represented by a variety of professionals ready to estimate soberly their actual needs, performance and opportunities open for them by the Business School.
To encourage exchange of ideas, we are planning to create and distribute questionnaires, gather inner opinion polls, and create Project Work Groups with the most active students, students' representatives and leaders in order to find a solution on how to improve students' educational and social experiences in AIBEC. Also, the Project Work Group will serve as a mean of interaction between professionals from various fields where organizational, administrative, team-building and self-representation skills could be enhanced.

3. Share your opinion and interact...
As a presidential team we are open to represent AIBEc Students' interests in discussions of any issues raised during the educational process (complaints and improvement suggestions, courses evaluations, new courses introduction rationale, etc) in order to prevent any misunderstandings between professors, students and AIBEc administration.

4. Alumni stand for AIBEc` s Future & Support...
In addition to the strong base of professionals

Apart from the human capital of the current AIBEc students, the school shouldn't overlook the potential of its Graduates. We also aim to reestablish and maintain AIBEc ALUMNI ASSOCIATION. The actions to be taken are to compile and maintain a database of contacts, with updated pictures, CVs and interests profiles; to develop meetings and workshops event calendar, publish success stories on the web-site, release a directory (brochure) of alumni every graduate period. In addition, we are planning to publish Best Success Story and Social Contribution Award Nominees with the profiles of those supporting AIBEc society in its internal projects and events on the financial and/or administrative basis as coachers, advisors, sponsors and partners.

5. Active Social Life...
It's an active social life that makes us closer to each other and releases initial communication barriers hampering the formation of a stronger and effective AIBEc society. Therefore, we are going to do our best by supporting and improving the continuous tradition of bowling and volleyball competitions, picnics, event celebrations, case competitions, and workshops arrangement, gradually expanding these activities and introducing Clubs of interests, Industry Oriented Meetings, Theme forums with your possible help and support.
6. Lets share AIBEc treasures in WWW...
For internal and outside users of AIBEc resources, the most crucial points will be the update and maintenance of the AIBEc web-site. There, forum directories, timely events reporting, opinion pages, research/presentations and articles, and subdirectories for AIBEc profiles of professors/students and Alumni will be continually introduced.

True Community => Supporters & Friends
The result of a continuous communication is a serious network of well-established contacts by the time of graduation based on the personal active interaction experience and events participation, common understanding of business issues with people one's studied with or met. AIBEc as a true Community sharing common knowledge and skills standards should assure good understanding, trust and positive recommendation exchange between its current and prospective member. This network will save you time when hiring new staff, contacting a company to build up relations, getting timely and vital information from a reputable source.

		External Communications Stimulation: AIBEc PR and Development...

					Relationship Development with:
*	Western & Russian Business Schools
*	Leading Companies
*	HR Agencies

In order to make AIBEc a more recognizable business school name, we aim to focus our Coomunity joint efforts on improving the image of  or promoting AIBEc among business schools in Russia and overseas through developing cooperation programs with other funds, business schools and educational organizations (e. g. cooperation with Russian/American/ European Business Schools such as Kiel Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Zurich University of Applied Sciences Winterthur, ESCP-EAP (Paris) for joint projects, field trips, case competition participation etc)

Another important point is to attract more attention of large companies and local authorities by means of arranging workshops/projects on various topics in cooperation with business schools, executives,
Committees etc. These workshops will serve also a PR function, and they should lead to a successful extension of useful ties and connections for the school and provide a valuable experience for the active students participating in such events.

Career Dynamics...
With the purpose of facilitating AIBEcers` career advancement, it's is indispensable to maintain a career development center. The objectives of the center are to create (update) a database of students CVs, interact intensively with recruiters, make presentations about AIBEc and its students, arrange workshops and trainings, inviting HR companies' representatives to internal case competitions and events. These arrangements will give a great opportunity for HR agencies to freely interact with AIBEcers and to find professional staff.

The center is designed to have an informative, leadership training and advisory functions to help AIBEcers develop and benchmark their own short- and long-term professional and career goals. As a result, students should develop or improve their skills that contribute significantly to their career advancement both during their educational process and continued upon graduation.

P.S.:                                                    ALUMNI: Summarizing Priorities...

Bullet-points:
AIBEc Graduates 2004-2005 kindly left their feedback on the questionnaire. Its results could be e-mailed to you upon your request. To start establishing this good tradition of students` interaction, we should not overlook the opportunity to accumulate the opinion of those who have already passed successfully all the challenges of AIBEc study marathon and took some time to estimate their impressions, expectations failed or met, experience gained and skills obtained with the effect on their career development measured to the point of their graduation.
We are also thankful for the advice provided to us by our senior colleagues. We are very happy that our views and opinions do meet on the basic programme points...

To Alumni: Please, do not hesitate to encourage our activities with your valuable feedback! And Welcome to the Alumni Association!!
To ALL AIBECers: Please, DO NOT HESITATE TO COMMENT on AND ADD to the Programme as YOUR IDEAS ARE ALL VERY WELCOMED!

THANKS A LOT.
SINCERELY YOURS,
Tatyana Rukavitsyna & Nadezhda Nesterova