[Aibec-l] development of AIBEc Community Charity Project

Galina Koroleva gvendalene at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 11:07:01 MSK 2008

Dear AIBECers,

  We’re sure that all of you wonder about the progress of our charity project, so here are the results.
  The New Year Raffle and the New Year Alumni party helped us to collect 34,800 Rbls in total.
  The proceeds were used for several occasions. 10,000 were spent on the New Year Fireworks at the Republican Children’s Hospital. That created a great atmosphere and brought in festive mood to all the kids who had to stay at the hospital during the holidays.
  Another 8,000 went to the household and sanitary needs of the Hematology Department.
  And finally 17,000 were transferred last week to help a little girl named Katia Kolesnikova from Penza, who suffers from a severe case of scoliosis.
  We will be following Katia’s progress and see what else we can do to help her and other children in need.

  Again, thank you all very much for your kind support and participation. We hope to hear more from you. Don’t forget about our regular alumni meetings, which you’ll be informed about in advance.

  Alumni committee