[Aibec-l] Technical Network Gurus wanted (full time job in Hong Kong)

Наталья natalia at telecenter.ru
Tue Feb 21 12:57:35 MSK 2006

This project is to do with IPTV with streaming video and DVD on
demand, internet gaming and VOIP.

*****

Are you a seasoned passionate software engineer who is also a genius
at jockeying networks and administering MS and UNIX clusters? Do you
want to be involved with keeping our new IPTV network up and running,
from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance
of our most cutting edge services; from monitoring and alerts to
building new automation infrastructure?

We need a "English" speaking web/network guru who can program in the
usual C/C++, PHP/SQL, Java, HTML, ASP, PERL etc.  Hacking is a
pre-requisite.

Qualifications:
*BA/BS/Master in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
(Experience is more important)
*Strong programming/scripting skills in any of the following: C, C++,
Java, Perl, ASP, HTML or Python.
*Strong understanding of networking; understanding of how to isolate,
diagnose, and resolve service delivery components (service delivery
components include servers, networks, and applications); be familiar
with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of key
networking devices (routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, hardware
load balancers); be able to identify networking as the potential
cause of a service issue using server-resident tools to generate this
data (tcpdump, ping, traceroute, etc.); familiarity in interpreting
the output of these tools; familiarity with common network
topologies, protocols, and tools; have knowledge of common network
security exploits and their remedies; understanding of
troubleshooting at the packet level.
*Strong project management skills, work with multi-national team,
especially in deploying live end-user systems.
*In-depth knowledge of Windows Server Environment, Linux and shell
scripting.
*Proven technical troubleshooting experience.
*Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests.
*No restriction on genders.

Project involves Media Encoding, Streaming Media Servers, Conditional
Access, Middleware and Web based authoring of set top boxes.  May
need to travel to other parts of Asia for implementation.

The successful candidate will be based full time in Hong Kong and is
expected to travel in the region.  The pay is about US$2,000.00 per
month starting and we take care of travel, apartment and most living
expenses.  Relocation needs can be discussed.  Inital contract is for
one or two years.
Commencement is immediate.

You are welcome to send resumes to natalia at telecenter.ru

Regards,