[Aibec-l] RE: Presidential Program - Summer 2005

Nadya Nesterova nadya at wermutham.com
Tue Aug 9 18:54:05 MSD 2005

Presidential Program
Summer 2005
Introductory Message
Our Presidential Team considers AIBEc as a strong and highly potential
Community enriched by the promising driving force to awake, professionalism,
growth and development oriented human resources. That is a human capital to
invest in and play the decisive role, that is the leadership gains to pay
back in the full scale from each student's personal career development to
the positive public image-making, AIBEc Business School branding and
promotion.

AIBEc is one of the most democratic educational institutions in Russia with
a great potential and contribution of each student to get realized in the
internal Business School Development projects, Case Studies and
Competitions, AIBEc unique business Community Building, Networking and
Socializing.

There are still many problems to solve, concepts and procedures to improve
to keep up AIBEc, its Brand name, the package of knowledge and professional
skills provided to the level active and ready to promote and add to career
advancement of its current students and alumni in the challenging and
competitive environment we live in.

One year is too small a period to contribute to any material change or
considerable advancement for any presidential team but with a kind support
of our predecessors and an active feedback of our successors we hope to
establish a good tradition of the students` active interaction and personal
involvement into AIBEc Social Life that in the final run rewards everyone.

Encouraging Communications: AIBECers` Activism & Social Life Involvement...

All starts with Communication and active feedback of the AIBEc Community for
the outside world as well as innerly what makes it all effective.

AIBEc represents a strong business community of young professionals aiming
to advance in their career, start-up their own business, incorporate
smoothly into the realities of international business environment and gain a
new gear for growth. And thus its necessary to contribute to the change you
feel important while you are still enjoying this chance to realize the
utmost of your potential in your business school.

Reinforcement of Internal Communications:

*	Badges and Open Students Database
*	Students Cooperation Encouragement
*	Regular Feedback Tradition Set-up
*	Web-site Maintenance and Update
*	Alumni Association Foundation
*	Students Involvement into AIBEc Social Life

1. No longer stay anonymous...
First of all, it is well-known that any business school should enrich
students with a wide network of contacts to rely on and work with.
Therefore, we can no longer stay anonymous for each other and thus we aim to
introduce a rule as simple and effective as that of wearing badges and
exchanging business cards encouraged by all the professors from the very
first lecture with open databases in digital and print-out format available
for all AIBECers to boost a more intensive interaction and networking.

2. Encouraging Students Cooperation...
AIBEC is a Business society representative by a wide variety of
professionals ready to estimate soberly their actual needs, performance and
opportunities open in the Business School that are high time to be shared.
Thus we aim to distribute questionnaires and encourage inner opinion polls
and ideas exchange on a regular basis with the most active students, leaders
and students` representatives welcomed to the Presidential Board to
incorporate inner Project Work Groups and facilitate positive changes they
are aiming for. AIBEc students represent a wide range of professionals in
various fields to give their expertise, new comers to train their
organizational, administrative, team-building and self-representation skills
with AIBEc mature advisors to coach and support them in their aspirations.

3. Share your opinion and interact...
As a presidential team we are also open to represent AIBEc Students'
interests in discussions of possible issues that can be raised during the
educational process (complaints and improvement suggestions, courses
evaluations, new courses introduction rationale, etc) in order to prevent
any misunderstandings between professors staff, students and AIBEc
administration.

4. Alumni stand for AIBEc` s Future & Support...
Apart from the human capital of the current AIBEc students, the school
shouldn't miss the potential of its Graduates we also aim to involve though
AIBEc ALUMNI ASSOCIATION to be reestablished and maintained. The actions to
be taken are to compile and maintain a database of contacts, with updated
pictures, CVs and interests profiles; to develop meetings and workshops
event calendar, publish success stories on the web-site, release a directory
(brochure) of alumni every graduate period with regular Best Success Story
and Social Contribution Award for those supporting AIBEc society in its
internal projects and events on the financial and/or administrative part as
coachers, advisors, sponsors and partners.

5. Active Social Life...
It's an active social life that gets us closer and releases initial
communication barriers hampering stronger and effective AIBEc society
formation. Therefore, we are going to do our best supporting and improving
the continuous tradition of bowling and volleyball competitions, picnics,
event celebrations, case competitions, and workshops arrangement, gradually
expending these activities and introducing Clubs of interests, Industry
Oriented Meetings, Theme forums with your possible help and support.
6. Lets share AIBEc treasures in WWW...
For internal and outside users of AIBEc resources as one of the crucial
points stays the web-site update and maintenance with introduced forum
directories, timely events reporting, opinion pages, research/presentations
and articles subdirectories for AIBEc profiles of professors/students and
Alumni.

True Community => Supporters & Friends
The result is a serious network of well-established contacts to one's
graduation based on the personal active interaction experience and events
participation, common understanding of business issues with people you
studied with or met. AIBEc as a true Community sharing common knowledge and
skills standards should assure good understanding, trust and positive
recommendation exchange between its current and future members. It will add
much more the time you need to hire staff, contact a company to build up
relations, get timely and vital information or resource.

		External Communications Stimulation: AIBEc PR and
Development...

				Relationship Development with:
*	Western & Russian Business School
*	Leading Companies
*	HR Agencies

In order to make AIBEc a more recognizable business school name we aim to
focus our joint efforts on improving the image of AIBEc among business
schools in Russia and overseas through developing cooperation programs with
other funds, business schools and educational organizations (e. g.
cooperation with Russian/American/ European Business Schools such as Kiel
Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Winterthur, ESCP-EAP (Paris) for joint projects, field trips, case
competition participation etc)

Another important point is to attract more attention of large companies and
local authorities by means of arranging workshops/projects on various topics
in cooperation with business schools, executives, Committees etc. It has a
PR function and should lead to successful extension of useful ties and
connections for the school and provide an in valuable experience for the
active students participating in such events.

Career Dynamics...
With the purpose of facilitating AIBEcers` careers advancement it's is
indispensable to maintain a career development center. The objectives of the
center are to make up (update) a database of students CVs, interact
intensively with recruiters, make presentations about AIBEc and its
students, arrange workshops and trainings, inviting HR companies'
representatives to internal case competitions and events to enjoy the
opportunity to freely interact with AIBEcers.

The center is designed to have an informative, leadership training and
advisory functions to help AIBEcers develop and benchmark their own short-
and long-term professional and career goals. As a result, students should
develop or improve skills that contribute significantly to their career
advancement both during their educational process continued and upon
graduation.

P.S.:                                                    ALUMNI: Summarizing
Priorities...

Bullet-points:
AIBEc Graduates 2004-2005 kindly left their feedback on the questionnaire
which results can be send out upon your request as AIBEc list mailing format
is currently limited to 40 Kb. To start establishing this good tradition of
students` interaction we could not miss the opportunity to accumulate the
opinion of those who have already passed all the challenges of AIBEc study
marathon and took some time to estimate their impressions, expectations
failed or met, experience gained and skills obtained with the effect on
their career development measured to the point of their graduation.
We are also thankful for the advice provided to us by our senior colleagues
and are very happy that our views and opinions do meet on the basic
programme points...

To Alumni: Please, do not hesitate to encourage our activities with your
valuable feedback! And Welcome to the Alumni Association!!
To ALL AIBECers: Please, DO NOT HESITATE TO COMMENT on AND ADD to the
Programme as YOUR IDEAS ARE ALL VERY WELCOMED!

THANKS A LOT.
SINCERELY YOURS,
Tatyana Rukavitsyna & Nadya Nesterova