[Aibec-l] Advice needed to help the youngsters

Marian Dent mdent@pericles.ru
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:12:44 +0400

Dear AIBEc students,

Pericles has been asked to administer a scholarship competion for first year
college students in technical subjects (physics, telecommunications,
computer science).  The scholarship is given by a top telecommunications
company--Lucent Technologies--and it includes a $5000 award, a trip to a
special, week-long scientific workshop in the United States, and a possible
job offer.  So you can see it's a great oportunity for these 17 and 18 year
olds to launch a career.

As I know many of you came from technical backgrounds before joining AIBEc,
I would appreciate any advice on which institutes or university faculties to
include in the program, and, if possible, good contact persons at those
institutes.  We already have included Phys Tech and The Institute of
Telecommunications and Computing, but I would like to include students from
one or two more into the competition.  What are the top educational programs
in telecommunications in Russia?

Thanks,
Marian

Marian Dent
Dean
Pericles American Business & Legal Education Project
10 Tverskaya Ul. #319
Moscow, 125009  Russia
(7-095) 292-5188
mdent@pericles.ru